Legal information, terms and conditions, etc pertaining to the use of the website.
This website and its content is the copyright of HHPS - © HHPS 2015. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
HHPS Website Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to Hemel Hempstead Photographic Society [HHPS]. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that HHPS collects, and the ways in which HHPS uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
HHPS may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including the date you were registered as a member of the website and the date and time you last logged-in to the website);
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website and registering for other HHPS activities (including your name, your email address and your HHPS membership number);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including images and image details submitted via the website as entries in HHPS competitions and as entries for the photo galleries, contributions to the various discussion forums, emails you send to HHPS Committee members);
- other information that you send to HHPS such as your address and telephone details, details of the products you use in your photography (photographic gear); and
- other information about your membership of HHPS including the sections you have been assigned to for HHPS competitions.
Using personal information
HHPS may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the members-only part of the HHPS website for the benefit of other HHPS members only;
- publish images and image details in both the public and private image galleries on the HHPS website with your consent; and
- send you emails about HHPS business and usage of the HHPS website.
HHPS will never disclose your personal information to any third party except when it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
HHPS will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
HHPS will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites.
HHPS is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
This privacy statement
By joining this website you agree to the following:
- You will uphold and be bound by the Constitution of the Hemel Hempstead Photographic Society.
- You will obey and adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy governing the Forums.
- You confirm that all images you submit to this website are your own work and by submitting them you confirm you are not in breach of copyright law.
- You agree to receive emails from other HHPS members and HHPS officials.
- You will ensure that the email address shown in your Profile is kept up to date and current using the My Profile facility in the Members menu.
- Your membership of this website will lapse at the same time as your membership of the Hemel Hempstead Photographic Society expires. Renewing your HHPS membership will automatically renew your existing website membership, if any.
- You will not share your username and password with anyone else.
- You accept the HHPS Website Privacy Statement.
Terms and Conditions for use of this website
The term 'HHPS’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the developer and owner of the website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.